Good, clean content management of pages for Spree. You can use this to:
- Add and manage static pages such as an ‘About’ page.
- Show a static page instead of existing dynamic pages such as the home page,
products pages, and taxon pages.
To override a dynamic page, use the path of that dynamic page as the slug when
you create your page in the Spree Administration area, including the
leading slash. For example:
- to override the home page, use a path of ‘/’ (without quotes).
- to override a product page, use its path, e.g. ‘/products/apache-baseball-jersey’ (without quotes).
The dynamic page can be made available again if you delete the static page or change its slug.
Create your own copy of the `app/views/content/show.html.erb` template in your site
extension to change the layout of the static pages.
##Example to use the static pages inside a menu
- < = link_to page.title, page.link >
<% for page in Page.header_links do >
< end %>
1. Add `gem “spree_static_content”` and `gem “spree_editor”, :path => “../../spree_editor”` to your Gemfile
1. Run `bundle install`
1. Run `rails g spree_static_content:install`
1. Run `rake db:migrate`
1. Run `rake spree_editor:install`
- NOTE: This is now an officially supported extension. The original extension was written by Peter Berkenbosch.